UPSC Civil Services Examination 2016 for 1079 Vacancies
New opportunity for indian citizen who are waiting for job in indian civil services. Union Public Service Commission invites online applications to conduct civil services examination 2016 for 1079 posts under various departments. Indian Citizen may apply, who ensured to fulfill all eligibility conditions for this examination up to 27 may 2016 till 11.59 PM.
Details of Vacancies
Name of Organision : Central Government of India
Jobs Location : India
Total Number of Vacancies : 1079
Name of the Post : Indian Civil Service (IAS)
Details of Posts of Indian Civil Services:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Civil Services
Nationality : Indian
Age Limit : 21 to 32 years (as on 01.08.2016)
Age relaxation :
Relaxation of upper age limit is available for reserve categories candidates.
Educational Qualification :
To apply for IAS Exam 2016, the candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination.
Number of Exam Attempts
Candidates who will be appearing for the UPSC IAS Exam would be allowed to go through six attempts failing which they would be considered disqualified. The appearing attempts are not valid in case the candidate belongs to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates who are otherwise eligible.
Selection Process :
Selection of the candidates will be made based on Civil Services IAS Preliminary Exam, UPSC Civil Services IAS Main Exam and Interview which would be conducted by the commission.
Application Fee :
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of the SBI /State bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiyala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using visa/master credit/debit card. SC/ST/PH/Women candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply :
Eligible and Interested Candidates may apply online using the UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in up to 27.05.2016.
Before filling application, you must read all instruction carefully are available on the above mentioned website.
Important Dates :
Date of Publication of Advertisement : 27 April 2016
Last Date to Submit of Application Online : 27 May 2016
Date of IAS Prelims Exam 2016 : 07 August 2016